Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Two Birds Floral" Digital Collage - Dover Clip Art - Corel PhotoPaint - Plus

Two Birds Floral


I really enjoy the clipart from Dover Publication's Samplers. I browsed in Picasa 3.9 through my folders and found a Rusty background. I opened with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and applied the Impressionistic auto paint feature to it. This altered the colors adding the blue casts to the rust colors. I brightened the image using the Tonal Control, Brightness and saved the background.

I reopened it in Corel PhotoPaint and fit to size of my screen. I then returned to Picasa and browsed to my Dover Clip Art folder. I quickly found the Hummingbird and added that to the background with copy and paste. I used Image, Adjust, Replace Colors for the brownish tint and applied the property Multiply for transparency.

As I browsed some more I found many floral images and copied and pasted them onto the background. I used the same Replace Colors for an even basis for all subsequent images. I found the other Bird and flowers clip art and added that. Then I built a garden of flowers for the collage. I added my signature, saved the large file, and resampled for display.

Listening --- Emerson, Lake and Palmer --- From the Beginning


No comments:

Post a Comment