Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"Concerts in the Plus, Mister Ebby, Suzen JueL" Corel - Plus

Mister Ebby

Suzen JueL


I joined another "Concerts in the Plus, " Hangout on the YouTube stream put on by Artists in the Plus on Google+. It was for the musicians Mister Ebby, a pianist and a singer songwriter, and Suzen JueL also a singer songwriter with Guitar, and TerryLynn Melody whom I had the pleasure of doing an artwork of her previously.

The music and performers were all very accomplished and excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. I used Picasa 3.9 to capture screens into .BMP bitmaps, which I converted to working JPEGS in Corel PhotoPaint.

For my Digital Artwork of Mister Ebby I used the following work flow. I opened the screen capture bitmap with Corel PhotoPaint and cropped it. I saved that and reopened with Corel PSP Pro X3 and resized. I applied the Digital Camera Noise Removal and the Smart Photo Fix to the image. I used the Saturation Vibrancy to add punch to the color.

Saving that iteration I opened from Picasa 3.9 with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4. There I auto painted with the Pastels Soft Cloner brush. I used the Soft Cloner brush to add back some details. Saving again I reopened with PSP Pro X3 and added my signature, a Cross Processing frame, and a black border. I decided that it needed some grunge feel to it so I used Filter Forge's Frames Grunge and played with various settings until I was satisfied and added the grunge frame.

On the Digital Artwork of Suzen JueL I followed much of the same beginning workflow as above. The beginning image was not as clear as I had hoped for but made for a decent piece. I was in PSP Pro X3 and applied the Effects, Art Media Effects, Brushstrokes for that painterly look and feel. I added Adjust, Back-lighting to the piece for some depth of color. I added my signature, a Cross Processing frame, and a black border to complete my piece.

If you missed the Concert here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yAAF49kj0s&feature=g-all-u

No comments:

Post a Comment