Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

"Old Dodge Truck" Corel PSP Pro X3

Old Dodge Truck


1,005th Post to gatzkART! with only a few days left for the 1,000TH POST CONTEST! It will end on Monday the 26th of November as I had allowed two week for the contest to continue. If you haven't entered visit my 1,000th Post for the Contest details and read the details there. ENTER You May Win!

I truly like this "Old Dodge Truck," motif so I am creating another image from one of many photographs. They were shot with my Canon Rebel XTi camera. There is something about old used equipment that has a romantic appeal about them. What kind of hauling did it do, the people who used it, what were they like? How did they benefit from it's use? How long was it productive?

I opened the photograph from my external drive, where I hold a lot of my older photographs. I used Corel PSP Pro X3 to crop the photograph. I then used the Smart Photo Fix on it making the colors and depth lighter. I applied the Saturation Vibrancy to it to punch up the colors. Then I used the Art Media Brushstrokes for a painterly look. I went to Sharpen and chose the Unsharp Mask, Sharp Focus setting.

This really set off the painterly look and feel. I used the Picture Frame Albumen for the jagged edges. Then I gave it a Border, green in color. I added my signature using the Visible Watermark tool. I saved this iteration.

I have to admit I am using PSP Pro X3 more to my advantage for my images. Doing more in fewer steps and with good results. I'd love to upgrade to the latest version but for now it is cost prohibitive. I Resized to a display size and saved that for you viewing Pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment