Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

"Old-Fashioned Beautiful Women" Dover - Corel - Plus

Old-Fashioned Beautiful Women

I was browsing in Picasa 3.9 in my Dover Clip Art folder and found two pieces of artwork. The first was a grouping of glazed clay studies, soft in color. The second is this great collection of "Old-Fashioned Beautiful Women."

I took the first image and from Picasa opened with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted using the Pastel Drawing setting with a soft brush. I saved that iteration. I opened that with Corel PhotoPaint.

I then copied to the clipboard from Picasa the "Women," and opened with New from Clipboard in PhotoPaint. each lady had a clip art number below them that I painted out with white paint, basic brush. I then copied and pasted them onto the background piece.

I used the property Multiply for transparency to allow the background to show through. I merged the two into one image. Then I applied Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance to boost the colors just a bit. I added my signature and resampled the image for display size.

I really like Dover Publications Clip Art and enjoy making these types of images. This one highlights the beauty of women at another time and place, rather romantically, one might say.



No comments:

Post a Comment