Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Old-Fashioned Transportation" Corel - Plus

Old-Fashioned Transportation

A quickly imagined and executed image for today. "Old-Fashioned Transportation," is the Theme. I have multiple pieces of Clip Art from Dover Publications and I chose two for this image. Browsing my Dover folder in Picasa 3.9 I found a great Art Nouveau piece with differing colors and accents.

I opened this image with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted using Detailed Watercolor settings. I saved this iteration and reopened with Corel PSP Pro X3 to resize it to a display size.

Saving again I opened it with Corel PhotoPaint where I copied to the clipboard from Picasa the Transportation Clip Art page, also from Dover. I pasted as New From Clipboard into Corel PhotoPaint. I painted out the little numbers from under each little piece of clip art and removed the page designation. I then copied and pasted it onto the background of painted Art Nouveau.

I then typed the theme in all capitals still in PhotoPaint. I saved that iteration. Reopening in PSP Pro X3 I added the signature with Visible Watermark and then the Platinum Picture Frame to finish off the image.

As we recently compared Old-Fashioned Communication to today's we compare Transportation today. The more things change the more they stay the same. (sic) We have faster cars with computer run installations. But accidents still happen, our batteries wear down, tires wear out or are damaged, we need glass repairs, Insurance, and Parking. Cars repairs and upkeep still is around and more and more cars are on the road each year as other countries build infrastructure for them.

We are dependent upon our Transportation - Automobiles, Trucks, Buses (need I mention Subways) to get around. When we are without a vehicle we become dependent upon the grace of others for such movement from one place to the other. Car pooling is a good thing and sharing a ride, safely, with others can express kindness. Though sharing is a kindness, I don't recommend picking up hitchhikers these days, sorry!

1,002nd Post to gatzkART! We still don't have a WINNER for our CONTEST as of yet. So I am extending the time limit to a week from the 1,000th Post. Enter and win!

No comments:

Post a Comment