Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

"The Blue Heron" Corel - Plus

The Blue Heron

Years ago a friend and his family lived in Paradise, Michigan in the Upper Peninsula. He had a Carvers Shop where he carved marvelous Bird and Animals carvings. One of my favorite carvings was a beautiful detailed Blue Heron. It was matchless in detail and harmony of scale and vision.

I was browsing in Picasa 3.9 and came upon an image of a Blue Heron. I opened it with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted it. I selected Illustration, Intense Colors, Rough Paper and the Gritty Calligraphy Brush settings.

After the Auto paint I used the Soft Cloner brush to add back in some detail like the eye and feathers on the breast. I painted those back in leaving other details alone.

I saved that iteration and opened with Corel PSP Pro X3 and resized it to a good display size. I added the jagged edges and a black border along with using Visible Watermark to add my signature.

This image brings back memories of myself, visiting my friend's Shop and sitting in his loft while I watched him work. I did this and finished writing "The Three Sleeping Umbrellas," children's story I told my own children. I had an older laptop at the time and it was bulky and hot. A summer's day I won't soon forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment