Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

"Colorful Digital Abstract" Corel Painter 11 - Plus

Colorful Digital Abstract


I began this image as a photograph of Colored Glass in many forms and hues. I was browsing in Picasa 3.9 and went to an assignment folder from PainterTalk and found this and other photographs.

I opened with Corel PhotoPaint and resampled it to a display setting. Then I used the Tone Curve for some depth to the image. I saved that iteration in a New Folder. Clicking on it in Picasa I opened it with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted it with the Modern Painting settings, I saved that iteration. To open in Corel Painter 11 I used Copy the Full Path in Picasa, then I used Corel Painter 11 to paste the Open path in the Open image window. I cloned the original auto painted image.

Using the clone I opened the Warp Image tool and using that brush like setting I warped the painting to a completely abstract piece. I selected the Artist Sargent Brush and painted lines upon this abstract. I next applied Surface Texture using Image Luminance for more brushstroke texture. I saved that iteration.

I opened with PhotoPaint and added my signature. I then resaved the display size piece.

It has been some time since I have done a Digital Abstract like this and I enjoyed playing with the original brightly colored glass photograph. Sometimes you just need to create abstractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment