Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Acoustic Guitar - Vector Graphic


When I was a child I wanted an electric guitar, but my folks weren't having any. The got me an acoustic guitar instead. I counted my blessings and learned to play on an acoustic. Only later did I get a Seymour Duncan Woody pickup for it and an amplifier.

Visiting with my youngest sister recently she remembered how I would get all the local dogs howling when I played with the garage door open with that acoustic guitar and pickup and an inexpensive amp, all reverb, tremolo and feedback. It was funny that she remembered that the same way I did, policeman and all.

I don't know how my parents stood it as I had an attic bedroom and I would sit for hours learning chords and stomping my foot to the rhythm of my playing. And that was only acoustic at the time. But, that stomping foot must have caused come consternation!

As for the history of the Acoustic Guitar as we know it Ezine @rticles explains it.

"All about the Acoustic guitar

The bodies of cheap Acoustic guitars are typically made from laminated tonewood. More expensive Acoustics are made from higher cuts of solid spruce top wood On an Acoustic guitar, the material which the body is made from really matters, so those looking for a rich sound will want to choose a guitar with a body made from nicer wood such as spruce top wood.

The neck of the Acoustic guitar is usually made from maple, mahogany, or rosewood. However, some guitar necks are comprised of different woods. Yet again, the quality of wood does matter. Generally speaking, Acoustic guitars with necks made of a high quality maple or mahogany and bodies made with solid spruce top are quality guitars with great tone. These guitars usually cost $250 on up.

The vibration of the strings is amplified by the soundhole of the guitar. This is where all sound that you hear comes from."

My guess is my first Harmony acoustic guitar cost less than $250.00! But it was mine and I loved it. I learned "House of the Rising Sun" on that guitar! And so many more 60's songs. It was marvelous.

The image I am displaying today is an oxymoron of a acoustic guitar with both a soundhole and f-holes. I've not seen one like it but I am certain somewhere there may be one made like that. One does not really need both types of soundholes on a single acoustic guitar.

I did the vector graphic in CorelDRAW and used many different fills to give it such great coloring, as only a computer can. So bright colors for a bright and sunny day, seems reasonable enough.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Mischief Maker Makeshift Taker
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment