Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Eric Clapton - Guitar Player


One of my favorite guitarists is Eric Clapton. He is versatile and "old slow hand" can really play the blues, rock, and unplugged.

I have the DVD of his Crossroads Guitar Festival in Dallas, Texas. (or was it Austin?) I like to re-watch it often. Many great guitarists are featured and the quality of the playing is amazing.

I had both Blind Faith and Disraeli Gears on vinyl, years ago I loved the albums. And I have a few songs from Clapton and JJ Cale playing together on my PC.

Crossroads Antigua is a rehab for those musicians and others to find who need a way back from alcohol and drugs. Many young musicians were cut down in their prime by drugs or alcohol. So Clapton and others started it to help those in need.

But Eric Clapton is only one of my many favorites, I only wish I could play as well!

My own music has only been playing around with DADGAD tuning recently. I find it at once liberating and at the same time limiting. I have only made up a few dozen chords, and lead lines using it. It definitely makes for long playing 10 to 12 minute periods at a time. A little harmonics, lead chords and drone. Wonderful.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Amanda Marshall - The Voice Inside
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment