Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lute Player II


Another classic painting showing a lute player tuning. I counted 14 tuning pegs, reminds one of the 12-string guitar. This was painted by Caravaggio. Using PhotoPaint I upped the saturation only by 7 to bring out the color, my image was a little washed out.

The Lute page mentions that: "The lute goes out of tune easily, which prompted Mattheson to complain that a lutenist spends most of his life tuning rather than actually playing the instrument. During the Baroque period, the lute was replaced by various keyboard instruments which could more easily accommodate the new virtuoso solo and continuous style playing typical of that period."

The Lute was considered a
Renaissance instrument, very Popular at that time period.

I have been busy this month as I mentioned so I will keep this entry short and simple. Thanks for coming by and reading my blog posts.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Youssou N'dour and Peter Gabriel - Shaking The Tree
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment