Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1950's Carousel Ride


Carousel's were very popular in the 1950's. Here is a photograph of my wife as a child riding one. Notice the clothes and hairstyles depicted in this photo. Very 50's. I like the style of the horse as well, classic.

Though this has been a busy month I still have been able to make quite a few postings to the blog. I hope the content has been interesting. One of my favorites is the entry of the Harlequin and Clown playing electric guitars. It was fun to put together the image and fun to look at.

I had thought about making a painting from the today's image but decided that it stood well on it's own. I opened it in PhotoPaint and used the duotone function to color it, selecting a Pantone tone of blue, then converted it back to RGB 24bit color.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Like I've Never Been Refused
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment