Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Off the Beaten Path - Abandoned Vacuum


Ever felt abandoned? Well here is an image for you. Off the beaten path my son Keir M Gatzka found this and took a photograph. An abandoned vacuum cleaner.

It is funny how the tree appears to have grown around the handle, like it is going to try and use it. I did little to the original, upped the saturation quite a bit in PhotoPaint, I left the funny angle of the photo alone. I like it's off kilter feel. Kind of like one might feel if abandoned like this.

I'm still reading about "The Five-Chord Turnaround" in Rikky's book. It lists quite a few progressions. I am examining them and will soon test them out on the guitar. I did notice one I believe I have used before: C Em Am F G, I'm almost certain I've used this turnaround for a song but I can't pinpoint it at this moment.

Before I get to that I need to write some letters. Yes, that is correct, write letters. It's an old way of emailing but with paper and ink and a postage stamp. Remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment