Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Apologies to Derain - Guitar Players


Sometimes you just feel like bringing things up to date. Take this old painting by Derain. I just had to play with it in PhotoPaint and up date their instruments and equipment. One was playing a lute and the other was playing what appeared to be a form of guitar. But now they are Rocking!

My apologies to Marshal, Fender, and Epiphone, if I have offended anyone. I really hope not. My intentions are good and I wanted to create a work that expressed the quality of the old with the new.

The Harlequin and clowns are a staple of the painter. The guitars and equipment are a staple of the songwriter and musician. Thus a mixture of the two.

Anyway it was fun to make. Like writing a good song. Always satisfying.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Alanis Morisette - Hand In My Pocket
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment