Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Eye Candy - Long Exposure


Not everyday do I have a brilliant idea for my blog postings. Some days I am at a loss for words. Today is one of those days. So I am posting some eye candy. A long exposure digital photograph. I am not certain of the settings used by my son Keir M. Gatzka the photographer. But it is an interesting experiment.

I opened the original in PhotoPaint to re-size it and upped the saturation to 9. Then I rotated the image by 90 degrees. I also adjusted the sharpness with a directional sharpening to highlight the fine lines of the piece. After I did these adjustments I re-sized it and added a small red border.

I wrote a song last night. I've named it "Like I've Never Been Refused", using a chord progression of C C/B Am7 and a chorus of G Am G Am. The bridge is made up of the chords Dm7 Fmaj7 G7 repeated twice. It's sort of a backwards love song.

I made three tracks using the Toneport UX1 and Gearbox. I sung and played the first track, I set the microphone on a Warm and Clean vocal and flat picked the verses and the chorus but strummed the bridge. The second track I set the microphone for Bright and Clean and quietly strummed all the chords for a second guitar sound. Then I put in my Seymour Duncan Woody pickup and selected the Instrument settings. For the lead track I choose a Clean model called 'Bad' (which it wasn't) - it had very nice clean lead with reverb and some delay and sustain.

I used Audacity to record the song and output it to an mp3 format. It sounds nice in Windows Media Player 10. I now have 7 songs for my CD "The Roof".

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - The Roof
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment