Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Acrylic Painting of My Grandson - Painter 8


My Grandson Ezekiel, or Zeke, is growing so fast that his features are already changing. He is losing his newborn look and taking on some baby fat. What an amazing process.

I used PhotoPaint to adjust the size of this photograph from 800x600 to 1034x776 including the black 10 pixel frame which I added at the end of creating this painting.

The original photograph was taken by my Daughter, Dresden, and sent to me via email. I opened the up-sized photograph in Painter 8 and using Acrylic brushes I adjusted the opacity and began painting from the Tracing Paper.

I stuck closely to the original palette only lighter. I left the background white so I could make changes in PhotoPaint. In PhotoPaint I lassoed the baby and masked him out to change the background. I used Effects> Custom> Alchemy> filter with an oil canvas setting.

Removing the mask I deepened the image with the Tone Curve, just a tad to keep the softness of the piece. I applied Filter Forge's Freepack Frames watercolor frame again for a soft feel.

I thought about cropping the finished painting, but I like the off center placement of Zeke.

----------------
Listening to: The Beatles - Norwegain Wood (Stereo)
null

No comments:

Post a Comment