Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Falling Barn - Adobe Lightroom Trial


I combined this black and white photo-
graph, taken by my son Keir M. Gatzka, and opening in PhotoPaint I created a quadtone, altering back to RGB 24-bit, of this decrepit barn. With a full rust texture background from CGTextures.com I combined the two using the object property of Multiply. I adjusted the Tone Curve and Saturation lightly in PhotoPaint.

I then opened the file in Adobe's Lightroom 2 Trial program. There under Develop I adjusted the Tone Curve and Saturation again bringing out the shadows and sharpening the details. I added a bit of Vignetting to darken the tone around the main focus, the barn itself.

Exporting this to my folder, I again opened it in PhotoPaint and added a frame using the Filter Forge's Freepack Frames. I adjusted the settings to make the frame smaller and added the rounded corners. I made the white outer frame black instead.

----------------
Listening to: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - GDEmAmD
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment