Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Something Old - Something New - Something Red - Something Blue


This image started off from a very close crop of a young blond woman in a black and white photograph. Many of you may remember the program "Fauve's Matisse" which was an older natural media paint program complete with KPT's Tools.

I did the original in that program but decided to update it with my current programs for an enjoyable project.

Opening the 600x800 image in Paint.NET I applied some filters to 1) add a painterly look and feel 2) add line art look and feel. I did use Effects> Artistic> Oil Painting> for one filtering. Then I used Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> for the lines. Saving that file I opened it in PhotoPaint.

In PhotoPaint I resampled the piece to 1024x768 and added to the Papersize 100 pixels for a white frame. Using Filter Forge's Freepack - Frames I added a red grunge frame to that and then resampled back to 1024x768 size which you see here.

I'm still working on the song, "I'm Counting on You." I am thinking of doing a re-recording of it using my 12-string guitar. But I still need a better bridge and it just hasn't happened yet. I'll keep working on it!

----------------
Listening to: I'm Counting On You - Kirk Mathew Gatzka
null

2 comments: