Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grungy Guitars - PhotoPaint 12


As my mind has been on my music of late I decided to do another collage based on guitars. I selected a dripping rust texture from cgtextures.com as the background for my image.

I chose and resized three guitars, two Alvarez 6-strings and one Takamine 12-string. Using PhotoPaint I combined the images. I selected the guitars using the Wand tool and pasted them into the background as objects. I used the object property of Color Burn on them for transparency to allow the background to show through.

I added a snippet of a lyric and a chord progression along with some paint splatters to the image. Then I added a border to it and using Filter Forges' Grunge Frames I adjusted a frame to suit the rusty image.

----------------
Listening to: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Like I've Never Been Refused
null

No comments:

Post a Comment