Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Guitar Works - Collage - PhotoPaint


A Digital Collage done in PhotoPaint I titled this "Guitar Works." I began with a background of some metal machinery from CGTextures.com. I selected one of my photographs taken of my two guitars placed at a precarious angle, a view I liked from my DLSR.

I opened the photograph in PhotoPaint and used Little Ink Pot's Thredgeholder to create the line drawings. I reproduced them more than once and applied them at differing sizes.

I also found a photograph of myself in a suit and tie, in my office, the creative area I am often in, but usually not dressed up. I applied the same filter to it and placed myself at the center of all the activity of the collage. You can't tell it's me and you may find it hard to make it out because of my techniques used on this piece.

I used the Tone Curve to lighten the image a bit and increased the saturation to 15 which brought out some color from a rather grayish image. I added a Film frame using Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames to complete it.

----------------
Listening to: Spending the Afternoon-Kirk Mathew Gatzka
null

2 comments:

  1. I love this! No, I don't see you in it. But the whole process fascinates me -- a love of collage and story -- leads to a wonderful piece. There's a lot going on that I don't know, just know that it's happening. Keeps me looking at and for... whatever I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, thank you for your kind thoughts! I try to make these digital collages interesting to keep one's attention span going!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete