Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Return to Guitars and Song Snippet - PhotoPaint


Returning to my favorite guitar motif I created today's digital collage with a close up photograph of my two guitars.

Beginning in Paint.NET I applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch filter to the photograph, which gave me some good hard lines to work with. I saved that file and opened in PhotoPaint. I have another Corroded Rust background which I also opened and copied the guitars an overlaid them on the Rust with a change in opacity and the object property of Multiply. The texture came from CGTextures.com. This allowed the rust to really show through.

I then added a snippet of chords and lyrics from a new song I'm working on, "I'm Counting On You" ©2010 Kirk Mathew Gatzka. It's a song about a lonely man who had it good in a relationship but foolishly treated the woman. Now late at night he contemplates his wrong doing and wants to make up as he realizes how good he had it. Simple lyrics show he's Counting on her to return to him with forgiveness.

I then added some paint splatters and dripping effects, adjusting the opacity of them to allow the texture to show through. I finished off the piece with a light film frame in black from Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames filter.

Note: My Recent Press Release about my new children's eBook "The Three Sleeping Umbrellas"

No comments:

Post a Comment