Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Something Different - Sinatra? - Painter 8


The original photograph is from Giovanna of Painter-Talk's forums. It is a street performer emulating Sinatra, and his lady friend standing close by. The photograph is cropped (in PhotoPaint) to close in on these two figures.

I opened it in Paint.NET and used two filters, the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> which I placed as a new layer, with the property of Color Burn. And my color layer I used Effects> Artistic> Oil Painting> for a painted look. I merged the layers.

I then saved this file and opened it in Painter 8. I cloned the image and made it into Tracing Paper. Using the Ballpoint Pen at 1.1 size I sketched over the two figures as line art. Then I switched to Cloners, Soft Cloner, Spattery Brush, Straight Cloner and painted back in more details.

I also increased the saturation in PhotoPaint, as well as added the LensFlares, at the right and left sides, with KPT's Collection to add flavor and light to the image.

I want to thank Giovanna for an interesting subject matter to work with.

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks to you Kirk...you turned a memory into something even more fascinating! BRAVO, Giovanna

    ReplyDelete