Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dual Colors - Grunge Guitars


Another digital collage of grungy guitars on rusty painted metal. I used PhotoPaint to combine two colored rusty painted metal textures to create the background. I got the textures from CGTextures.com.

I applied the Little Ink Pot's Thredgeholder to the guitar photograph for the grungy lines. Then I added a bit of lyrics and chord progression plus the paint splatters with dripping using the Effects> Distort> Wet Paint> filter.

I was working on a new song titled, "I'm Banking on You." It's a slow rock piece. with a chord progression of C/G D/F# E and Cmaj7 E. I used a heavy guitar setting in Gearbox for the lead which has a bit of feedback with it. It's only a 3 minute song shorter than my usual fare. I don't have a drum back beat for it, just 4 tracks of rhythm, lead, background vocals, lead vocal. Done in Audacity I saved it as an MP3.

Listening to - I'm Banking on You - Kirk Mathew Gatzka

No comments:

Post a Comment