Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Two Guitars Grayscale - Adobe Lightroom Trial


Well, my trial period with Adobe's Lightroom is rapidly coming to a close. So I chose one of my guitar photographs to experiment on. The original photograph was taken using lighting from a day light SAD light source, thus giving me shadows to work with.

The original wall was a purple color with a purple rug at the bottom. But the SAD light source really made the image. The overlapping shadows created much interest for the piece.

I used the Tone Curve, Saturation, Vignetting, and a couple other adjustments with the last being Grayscale. Lightroom is a wonderful product with many tools I haven't even touched. Like the Print and Web features, which are full and robust.

The subject matter is a Lyon by Washburn 6-string guitar and a Seagull 12-string guitar. Both are fairly playable, but my favorite is the Seagull. I do a lot of my songwriting on it. It has a full bodied tone quality that the 6-string doesn't come near to.

I've been practicing a song with some flatpicking and some hammerons on the 12-string. It sounds great!

----------------
Listening to: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Mystified
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment