Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Custom Hot Rod Pick up Truck - ArtRage - Lightroom Trial


While I am testing out the Adobe Lightroom 2 Trial version (full version sells for around $299.00) I am trying it on several differing images.

This image was first of all painted in the Free ArtRage with oil brushes. I added back in just enough detail using PhotoPaint to overlay the original photograph with transparency. I added the frame using Filter Forges' Freepack Frames. Then I saved the image.

I opened the piece in Adobe's Lightroom 2 Trial version and adjusted the Tone Curve, Saturation, and gave it some depth increasing the Shadows a bit.

I really like this program and would like to own it, but it doesn't fit the budget for now, maybe somewhat later. I love the way it brings out details and deepens the coloring and effects the lighting. Makes the image really POP!

I don't have the credits for the original photographer, so if you recognize it let me know so I can give full credit to them.

----------------
Listening to: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Mischief Maker Makeshift Taker
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirk,
    Really like this painting! Hope you don't mind that I suggest removing the the suv in the back so it's less distracting on your gorgeous blue hot rod!
    Andrea Auletta
    digitalphotopainter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, maybe some cloning out is in order, eh? I don't mind the suggestion at all, thank you!

    Glad you took a look and posted a comment!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete