Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Guitars Rust Diet Pop - Grunge


Rusted painted metal, splashing Diet Pop, Guitars now have something in common. They all came together to create today's image.

A rusted painted metal texture from CGTextures.com and a scanned in photograph of different types of Diet Pops splashing together, and a photograph taken by me of crisscrossed guitars were combined in PhotoPaint to make this Grunge piece.

I had to add some lyrics and paint splatters and a few guitar chords from a song I am working on and that became what I am sharing today.

I layered two type styles with dripping added using Effect> Distort> Wet Paint> on the text and splatters objects. That give some graphic depth to the lyrics I added.

I did not use Lightroom for the Tone Curve but did in PhotoPaint to add some depth to the image as a whole and an increase in saturation to about 15 for color.

The song I am working on has lyrics like this, which is part of the composition above:


Mystified ©2010 Kirk Mathew Gatzka


Asu4/G

Mystified

A7

Stupefied

Am7 G

Simply stunted

G Em

Generation of ideas

G Em

Escapes my mind

G Em

Pouring over unsteady thoughts

G Em

Without anything brought


It's about writers block, the words were written some time ago and I have been in a writing lull lately so they were appropriate for my mood. Creation of the melody and chord progression was what I've been working at to help me break out of a slow period of music creativity. Seems to be helping.

I've also done some experimenting with Instrumentals using my Gearbox software to select differing guitar styles and tones and playing lead around some chord progressions. But no words lately. So I wait and do so patiently. They will come again no doubt.

----------------
Listening to: J.J. Cale - After Midnight
null

No comments:

Post a Comment