Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Design for Life - Art Deco - Digital Collage - PhotoPaint - CorelDRAW


Part of my Design for Life series I am sharing another Art Deco based image. Art Deco Designs by Edouard Benedictus is the source of the background design of this image. I scanned in the main background which looked jungle like. In PhotoPaint I cropped it.

Still in PhotoPaint I used the Tune Blur on it smoothing out the colors. Applying the Tone Curve for depth and increasing the saturation a bit for color.

I browsed my Dover clip art folder in Picasa 3 and selected the Lion, Rabbit, Butterflies and Birds. I opened each one individually, and used the Wand tool to select the white backgrounds, then inverted the mask and copied the color clip art to the clipboard. I then pasted and resized each according to need, placing them on the Art Deco background.

I copied the merged piece to the clipboard and opened CorelDRAW, pasted and added the frame. I used a gradient and selected the larger line size for completing the frame. I placed it to the back. I then placed the type Design for Life onto the gradient selecting the line color differing from the text color. I placed that type to the front.

I grouped the pieces all together and Converted to Bitmap and copied to the clipboard and reopened it (New from clipboard) in PhotoPaint to add my signature. I saved the large file first then resized for the web and saved the iteration.

Listening --- Bruce Cockburn --- Wondering Where the Lions Are

No comments:

Post a Comment