Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Grunge Guitars - Mayang's Textures - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint


Texture, line art, paint splatters, lyric snippet, chord progression all put together in a Digital Collage. I selected a guitar photograph and one of Mayang's Textures as the basis for this grunge guitar piece.

I opened the guitar photograph and applied the Ink Sketch tool to it for a line art appearance in Paint.NET. I selected all and copied to the clipboard. In PhotoPaint I opened a texture and pasted the guitar black and white image to it. I resized that to fit and cropped the image. I applied the object property of Color Burn to the Guitars and music stand and merged that with the texture.

I then applied the Tone Curve for depth and increased the saturation by 15 for a color boost. I opened a snippet of lyric in Notepad and copied it to the clipboard and proceeded to paste it as text into the image. I used the angle tool on the text object to line it up with the music stand and added paint drippings with Effects> Distort> Wet> Paint>.

A set of chords from another Notepad file and paint splatters added rounded out the piece. The chords do not fit the lyric snippet, they are only representing what a songwriter may use for a song.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Art for Arts Sake
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment