Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Design for Life - Live to Design - Art Deco - CorelDRAW - PhotoPaint


A simple fairly clean designed image for today's Design for Life theme. It may have taken more time than it appears to have to create this piece.

I started out in CorelDRAW by acquiring and scanning in a cropped Art Deco floral motif from E. Benedictus' Art Deco Designs book. I added the text phrases after some thought. I wanted to encourage creative thought as I worked at each phrase.

I used the following fonts, not in any order of appearance: Twentieth Century Poster 1, Colonna MT, Banjoman Open Bold. I worked to fit them for a lively design.

After I chose and placed the type I selected all and grouped the objects and Converted to Bitmap. Then I copied to the clipboard and opened with PhotoPaint.

Here I browsed my Dover Clip Art and found the Megaphone Man whom I copied and pasted into the image. I used Replace Color on him and Multiply for transparency. I stood him balanced with one foot on the "L" in "Live," placing the large end of the megaphone at the center of the pink flower.

I had saved the large file and then resized the image for display. I did add a twenty pixel border to frame it.

Listening --- Creed --- What's This Life For?

No comments:

Post a Comment