Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Design for Life - Art Deco - Digital Collage - PhotoPaint - CorelDRAW


Another image in my Design for Life series. I used an Art Deco Design from Edouard Benedictus' book of designs. I scanned the image in and cropped it to the size I wanted. I acquired the image in PhotoPaint and cropped there.

I used the Tune Blur to smooth the Art Deco design, with the Directional Smooth. I browsed my Dover Clip Art folder for the Trees, and all three young people colored images.

With the trees I used Multiply to make the white backgrounds transparent. On the young people I used the wand to mask the white and inverted the mask and copied and pasted the images from the clipboard.

I scanned in the Dad and Daughter on the bike from North Light's clip art series People at Work book. I copied and pasted using the property of Multiply for transparency.

I then merged all the objects to one layer and copied that to the clipboard and opened CorelDRAW and pasted the image. I created a rectangle and filled it with tiled colored symbols. Then placed to back to create a frame around the Art Deco image.

I used the font Curlz MT for the Design for Life text and changed it's color to a bright yellow and placed it in the image.

I grouped all object together and converted to a bitmap and copied it to the clipboard. In PhotoPaint I pasted the large piece as New from clipboard. Using the Tone Curve once more I added some depth to the piece. To finalize it I added my signature, saved the large file and then resampled for the web and saved that file.

Listening --- Everclear --- I Will Buy You A New Life

No comments:

Post a Comment