Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Time in the Sand - High Contrast - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge


As you know I really enjoy time with my Grandson. We spent some time taking a walk around to the Park near his home. There he had some fun in the sand filling both hands with it and sifting it, watching it very carefully. His attention to detail constantly amazes me for such a young age.

I browsed to this photograph in Picasa 3 and opened with PhotoPaint. I used my High Contrast workflow on it for today's image. I had cropped the photograph, which has one flaw in that I just barely got the top of his head in the frame. So I cropped to a tight fit for his sitting there in his new sandals.

I also used Filter Forge's Photo Effects Vibrance for a boost to the colors as well as the Tone Curve in PhotoPaint for depth.

----------------
Now playing: Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Teach Your Children
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. I love to spend time with the grand kids as well. I suppose that's why they are my favorite painting subjects. You really know how to use those filters. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jane! I haven't done much painting - time available has been limited. But, I'm really happy you like my use of the filters for my High Contrast images! Grandchildren are great subjects!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete