Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

"Digital Painting Watercolors Old Sketch" Corel Painter 11 - Plus

Painted Digital Watercolor of an Old Sketch


I was browsing through my Picasa 3.9 folders and ran across this old scanned in sketch I did a long time ago. Kind of small I decided to give it a makeover. I used Irfanview to resize the TIFF file to a larger more workable size.

I saved that file and opened with Corel PSP Pro X3 and used the Smart Photo Fix on it and saving that I used Picasa's Softener on it. I saved again and opened with Corel Painter 11.

In Painter I cloned the image. Then I selected differing Digital Watercolor brushes and painted the image. I used Liquid Ink Fine Point brush to add the white reflections in the pupils. I saved that iteration with a "pntd" name.

I opened with PSP Pro X3 and added the ornate Picture Frame. Saved the large file again. Opening in Corel PhotoPaint I added the inverted Signature file with the property Add for transparency. Saving the large file I resampled to display size and saved the finished piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment