Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

"Sam Batt 'In The Spotlight' Artists in the Plus" Corel Painter 11 - Plus

Singer Songwriter Sam Batt


I attended another Artist in the Plus "In the Spotlight" with Singer Songwriter +Sam Batt recently. I was able to get a fair screen capture of her during the Interview portion. She is a talented and tough performer as she sang and played guitar for us inspite of having a cold. She was Marvelous. Her Interview answers were full of interesting details as well. She Plays a Yamaha High-end Acoustic-Electric Guitar that sounded just great and fit her voice wonderfully. My painting made her look a little like the actor Angie Dickinson!

You can see the "In the Spotlight" Show at the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6AjhI85Ius

And here is Sam Batt's website:

http://www.sambatt.com/index.html

I opened the capture in Corel PhotoPaint with New from Clipboard. There I cropped the capture, I saved that iteration. I proceeded to open with Corel PSP Pro X3. There I used the Camera Noise Removal, the Skin Smoothing, Smart Photo Fix, and some other Noise removal settings. I resized that image and saved it as a third iteration.

From Picasa 3.9 I opened that with Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4 and auto painted it with the Modern setting using Rough Paper and Smooth Brush. I did touch up with the Soft Cloner Brush to add back in some details. I saved again.

I ventured more deeply into painting freehand I opened that file with Corel Painter 11 and using multiple differing Brushes I painted the image using a Clone of it. I added details to the eyes and the background. This gave it even a more painterly look and feel.

I finished the image with Filter Forge's Frames Grunge frame. Added my signature in white and saved the final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment