Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Art Deco Arch - Sky in Glass - Buildings


A quick trip to Toledo, Ohio [click here] for a day garnered a few photographs of structures there. The first one is an Art Deco Arch of a bank building. I opened it in Paint.NET and used the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter. I saved that file and opened it in PhotoPaint where added the orange sky and I upped the saturation for color boost. I used the Tone Curve to add some depth.

Other than photographs of family that was with me I only got a few photographs of structures. This next photograph I noticed some barreling of my lens which is not wide angle. So I had to compensate using KPT's Collection Projector. I adjusted it as best I could with still some slight upward gazing distortion. I liked the way the sky was reflected, as well as some surrounding buildings that were also.

I used similar adjustments to the photograph as the first one showing. I did not use the Ink Sketch on this one. I did all the work in PhotoPaint. Adjusting the barreling of the lens as well as my program's offered. I upped the saturation of colors and used the Tone Curve again for some depth. Both images are framed in Filter Forge with a slight film frame.


Musically I haven't had any time to do any songwriting but I have been viewing some videos of some musicians and still listening the the Bosnian Traditional music my friend Dragan has shared with me.

"A Day In Toledo" might make for a good title but I am not sure what to write yet. I find that at times my digital visual arts satisfy the craving for creativity and my music suffers.

I have received some suggestions on how to improve one of my songs which was written at the first snowfall last year about both the sun shining and the snow falling at the same time as I was look out over the lake.

I need to analyze the suggestions and see if they will in fact improve the song before I make any adjustments. I tend to like my songs from the first draft, which is the mark of a hobbyist and not a professional songwriter. Ah, at least I have an out let for creative endeavors!

Listening --- Jadranka Stojakovic feat. Miroslav Tadic - KAD JA PODJOH NA BENTBASU

No comments:

Post a Comment