Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

LiveBrush - Painter - Watercolor - Vector Art


I was given a link to LiveBrush by a friend on PainterTalk forums. I found the free program LiveBrush Lite to be really fascinating for creating vector driven line art. I created the image of linework shown here in LiveBrush and exported it to a png file.

I drew the bulk of the face and lineart in that program. Then I loaded it up in PhotoPaint and resaved as a jpg file. I opened that in Painter 8 and used the Watercolor brushes to add the soft colors.

Saving that file I opened it in PhotoPaint and altered the Tone Curve to add depth and upped the saturation to boost the colors up a bit.

LiveBrush allows you to use various tools or brushes to create vector linework that has its own characteristics - floral, celtic, smooth, thick, thin, fractal, etc.

I just did a sketch of a woman's face and added the surrounding "hair" and foliage. Adding the colors in Painter 8. I kept it simple and experimental for a loose fun piece.

Musically I found a great chord chart for the DADGAD tuning on my 12-string. I have an abundance of chords to select from, whereas I was making them up on the go while playing before, now I will know what chords I actually am playing. I enjoy the open tunings as a refreshing way to experiment playing the guitar. Though it is harder to write a song for me in these tunings (I've only written a couple in Drop D) I love the droning sound you get from them, almost like a sitar on my 12-string. So I look forward to playing today.

Listening --- DADGAD Theme --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

No comments:

Post a Comment