Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Mexico - Guitar Players - Grunge


I recently received some photographs taken by my friend Brenda in Mexico. Here are two Guitar Players in a local restaurant in Puebla.

I took some liberties with the photograph opening it in Paint.NET and resized it. I then applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter for the outlining. I set the color full and the lines to less. I upped the saturation for a boost to the colors.

Saving that file I opened a painted metal with rust texture in PhotoPaint and also opened the guitar players manip. I copied them to the clipboard and pasted them into the textured image which gave me the rich reddish background. I cut and pasted as a new image and resampled it to fit an 870 pixel height for display here.

I used the Object property Divide to allow them to merge together. Still in PhotoPaint I added a film frame from Filter Forge.

I have received some Bosnian traditional music from a contact from PainterTalk's forum, Dragan. He sent both the original styles and newer versions of this wonderful music. So that is what I am listening to now.

Listening --- Bentbasa --- Sinan Alimanovic Quintet --- Ethnic Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment