Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Vector Art - Fictional Portraits - CorelDRAW


I created these fictional portraits a while ago and came across them in Picasa 3 browsing for backgrounds. I decided to share them as they are two examples of vector based art, using simplified forms for shadow and highlights.

I used CorelDRAW 12 to draw these freehand using the freehand tool. This first one reminds me of a old Soviet image of a worker comrade. The second is less of a worker more of a stylized portrait.

I am running up against some time constraints and may be limiting my online activity in the near future. Things change for everyone and I am no exception. So I may not be posting to this blog as often as in the past, almost daily when time was available.

I am grateful to the readership I have had and all of you are welcome to continue to follow what I am able to post. I hope I will be able to create new digital visual art and music discussions in the future. But I am seeing a change on the horizon.

Multiple things are coming up and I need to better budget my time and somethings will have to lose out on my regular attention. I won't go into any detail as it does not matter in the end the whys and wherefores as to my alteration of my pattern of behavior. Suffice it to say changes are coming. And they need my attention.

My hope is that you will continue to visit periodically as I do update this blog and add more digital visual art for your pleasure and the techniques for your interest in the hows.







----------------
Listening to: Eric Clapton - After Midnight
null

No comments:

Post a Comment