Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Art for Art's Sake - Rust - Grunge


I am keeping with the Grunge Guitar motif for a few postings. I like the depth I get on these digital collages.

I opened a rusted metal background in PhotoPaint and then using Picasa 3 I selected a guitar photograph. I merged the photographs using the Object properties Multiply with a slight change in opacity as well on the guitars.

I added a lyric from my song "Art for Art's Sake" ©2010 Kirk Mathew Gatzka, and some of the chords I used for the song. I used some grunge fonts and added slanting and dripping with Effects> Distort> Wet Paint>. And I added some paint splatters with drippings.

I finished with a Filter Forge film frame to complete the grunge look and feel.

----------------
Listening to: Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
null

2 comments:

  1. Ver nice guitar painting Kirk. You seem to have a specialty with these. I love the words and the background you used. Very lovely.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judith, Thank you! I have a workflow that is almost a system now, for doing these grunge guitar images. I enjoy the textures I find on the internet and the way they work with the colors of the guitars themselves. They compliment each other so well that it is enjoyable to create these images.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete