Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mexican Musicians - Woodcut - Painter 8


Today I received another group of photo-
graphs from Mexico from my friend Brenda. Included among them was another group of musicians playing bongos, and guitars.

I opened the photograph in PhotoPaint and upped the resolution to 128dpi which increased the size of the image. Saving that file I opened it in Painter 8 and used the Effects> Surface Control> Woodcut> filter on the image. I selected to use the full color palette and minimized the black woodcut effect taking out the heaviness of it.

After I did that I applied the Surface Texture Image Luminance for some depth. Back in PhotoPaint I added some white background and a watercolor frame in Filter Forge with a 10 pixel black outline.

I don't have any Mexican music to listen to but have received some Bosnian traditional music that I have been listening to with great pleasure.

Listening --- Jadranka Stojakovic - Natsuko Kido Duo feat. Naoki Kita - Sto te nema

2 comments:

  1. Very Cool Kirk,
    Love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, Thank you for your kind comment! I endeavor to make this blog as interesting as I can! Happy you like the technique described.

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete