Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Texture + House + People - Digital Collage - Dover Publications


I made this Digital Collage in PhotoPaint using a textured background from Mayangs texture library of rusted metal.

I selected a number of pieces of Dover Publications clip art from my samplers and added the house, car with driver and passengers, a romantic couple, a cat, a crane, and some flowers. I topped it off with the jewelery like corners.

I used a combination of Object properties like Multiply, Difference, etc, to add the pieces one by one. I also used the erase tool on some of them to maintain their color but get rid of extraneous backgrounds.

I resampled the larger file to 1200x900 to display here on the blog. I added a light brown 10 pixel border to the image to finish it.

Yesterday late afternoon I got my 12-string guitar out and placed my Seymour Duncan Woody pickup on it and plugged in for some Blues Rock playing. I laid down a E A D track of Blues rhythm and then picking a Heavy guitar setting, using my Gearbox software selections, for the lead I played along with the track in Audacity through my Toneport from Line 6.

I just put the track on loop and kept playing for about an hour and a half improvising some Blues lead. I had a ball being loud and using feedback and lead notes through my sound system turned up.

In the end I didn't record anything but I certainly enjoyed myself.

Listening --- Blues Fun One --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

No comments:

Post a Comment