Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Florida Rocky Beach - Young Children


I began today's image with an older photograph of my two children. We were on a trip to Florida and on the Gulf side. I had been sent by my employer and we made it a working vacation.

Here we find them sitting on a rocky beach, all smiles and happy. The original photograph was dark and I used Paint.NET to adjust Curves to lighten it. I also made a pencil sketch using that filter and placed it on a separate layer I used the property of overlay and it allowed the color to show through. I merged the layers and saved the file.

In PhotoPaint I used the Blur Tune to soften the image and get rid of some jaggies. I took the piece into Painter 8 and used some soft cloning and some tinting on it.

I added the watercolor frame from Filter Forge and then opened it back in Painter 8 to Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> for the texture. I added the black and white borders back in PhotoPaint.

Listening --- After Midnight Cover --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

No comments:

Post a Comment