Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Alaskan Mountains Shrouded in Clouds - Painter 11


I took a couple of days off, so I hope that you still followed gatzkART! I was browsing through my Alaskan trip photographs and found many nice photographs to select from. This particular photograph was a very cloudy day and the mountains in the background were almost obscured by the cloud cover.

I opened with Painter 11 and did a quick clone with a slight yellow ocher background. I selected the Watercolor brushes and began to paint. I used varying sizes and opacity for each area of the painting. I added some detail back in with the Soft cloner.

I adjusted the Brightness of the piece and made sure the background mountains were faint. I added a little more color with the Digital Watercolor brushes. I saved the file and opened with PhotoPaint.

Here I added a watercolor frame from Filter Forge and adjusted the Tone Curve to lighten up the image, I saved the image and reopened in Painter 11 to add some texture, I selected the Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> to the entire piece.

I am adapting to using the watercolors, but still have a difficult time with the darkness of the brushes. Needless to say I am still learning Painter 11 and it's features.

What do you think? Does this watercolor image have too much dark color? Or are the background mountains too light? Your comments are welcome.

----------------
Now playing: Blues Traveler - The Mountains Win Again
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment