Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cordovan Rockport Dress Shoes - Close up - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


A close up of my Cordovan Rockport Dress shoes is the subject for today's image. I took a number of still life photographs of shoes and my straw hat, In Picasa 3 I selected this close up as I liked the Double tie of the shoelaces.

I opened the large file in Painter 11 and did a quick clone with an ocher background color, selected Live Impasto> Bristle 2 and adjusted the opacity to 40%. Varying the width of the brush I painted the shoes keeping to a rough stroke. I wanted the basic flow of the dress shoes and the double knot of them tied together.

I used the soft clone brush to add a little detail to the shoelaces for more interest. I opened the file in PhotoPaint to resample for the web and added a 20 pixel black border as a frame.

I also adjusted the Tone Curve for depth and upped the saturation by 7 to boost the colors.

----------------
Now playing: Blind Blake - West Coast Blues
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment