Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What Did You Feed Me? - Painter 11 - Pencils - Watercolors


Here is another of the 50+ photographs I took of my Grandson recently. As you can see by his expression he did not like the taste of the pasta that he was just fed. Hence the title "What Did You Feed Me?"

I opened the photograph in Painter 11 and applied an equalization to it to lighten it up. I quick cloned the large file and began with the Pencil cloner on the hair. I varied the size of the Pencil and did more of the face and shirt, hands, and shading.

I also used the Watercolor brushes and the Filbert brush on the piece. I added some more to the image with the Digital Watercolor brushes. The heavy shadows come from my non-filtered flash of the Canon Rebel fixed flash. I need to buy a filter for it to soften the harsh shadows it makes. But that is another story.

I saved the file and opened it in PhotoPaint where I adjusted the Tone Curve to lighten up the tones. I did no saturation adjustments at this time as I like the way the tones turned out. I applied the resample to adjust the image size for sharing here.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Smooth Ride-DADGAD-4th fret
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. This is precious, Kirk. Great job! Terry B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Terry! We love his expressions!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete