Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This is Not a Hat! - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


My Grandson with a makeshift hat on is the image for today. I browsed in Picasa 3 and selected this photograph as I love his expression and the washcloth on his head. It did not take long and he removed it.

I opened the photograph in PhotoPaint, cropped it and copied to the clipboard. Then I used the Image> Adjust> Local Equalization> on the image. I pasted the copy from the clipboard and before merging the two I used the object property Add, with an opacity setting of 86%.

Saving that file I opened it in Painter 11 and did a quick clone, with a ocher background color. I wanted to play with the image so I selected the Amazonia> Artistic Monkey> brush and did a roughing in. I also used the Great Crested brush for the muck up.

Switching to the Camel Oils brushes I used the iHigh Bleed 12 brush to begin adding back in details with the clone button selected. I also used the High Bleed brush for details. To make the hand look more realistic I selected the clone brushes soft clone and used that on the hand, mouth, nose and hair.

I then selected the reddish color from the shirt to add to the background with the Great Crested brush, which I also used to add some of the blue gray from the stripes.

Back in PhotoPaint I added a 70 pixel black border then a photograph frame with Filter Forge. I used the wand selector and selected the blue frame and applied the Texture> Plastic> filter to it for some 3D effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment