Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Grandson - Portrait - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


Recently I sat with my Grandson and took about 50+ photographs, couldn't help myself. Here is one where he is enjoying a bit of banana. I prepped the photograph in PhotoPaint by first cropping then using the copy to clipboard. I pasted as new image from the clipboard.

I proceeded to apply the Effects> Art Strokes> Charcoal>. I then added back, by pasting, the color photograph and used an object property for transparency. I merged the two. I saved this file and opened it in Painter 11.

There I did a quick clone with a light ocher background and selected the chalk cloner brush. I painted all of his face and hand and shirt with this brush. Remember it had a charcoal like appearance from my prep. I selected the Splattery cloner brush and did the background.

I also selected the Van Gogh cloner and painted some of the shading with that brush. I added back in some details with the Soft and Straight cloner brushes.

Back in PhotoPaint I added black and red borders and resampled the image for sharing here.

----------------
Now playing: Aimee Mann - Wise Up
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment