Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dreamy Focus - Tritone - PhotoPaint


I cropped today's image from a color photograph of my Grandson while in PhotoPaint. I had downloaded Filter Forge's Freepack 2 Photo Effects to test them out.

First I created an 8-bit Tritone of his photograph and then converted it back to RGB 24-bit in PhotoPaint. I used Filter Forge's Dreamy soft focus filter on the Tritone image and put the focus on his eyes, nose and mouth. I tried a couple of variants in Filter Forge before I was satisfied with the piece.

I then applied Filter Forge's Film Frame to the resulting image for a dark frame. I like the focus of the Tritone as it gives us a soft focus and clear view of his smile, and the vignetting of the darkness surrounding him leads the eye to his face.

----------------
Now playing: Bob Dylan - Series Of Dreams
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment