Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beach Scene - Holland, Michigan - Painter 11 - Paint.NET


This project started as a photograph of the beach at Holland State Park in Holland, Michigan. I found it browsing in Picasa 3. I did some prep work on it using Paint.NET applying a filter that simplified the photograph into a painterly appearance.

I then took that saved file and opened with Painter 11, did a quick clone and selected the Oil brush. I was hoping for an impasto look and feel and this is what I got. I also used the Soft cloner and the straight clone to bring back some of the altered detail.

I grabbed the Distortion brush Confusion and diffused the sky. I left the rest of the image alone. Back in PhotoPaint I added a Painting frame in Filter Forge.

----------------
Now playing: Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris - Beachcombing
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment