Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Straw Hat and Dress Shoes - Paint.NET - Painter 11 - Watercolors



I had taken so many photographs of the Hat and Dress Shoes that I decided to do another image based on this photograph. I prepped the photograph in Paint.NET as you can see by the first image. I used the Pencil Sketch filter and upped the pencil size and range this gave me a grayscale image in RGB. I took it one step further and applied the Ink sketch filter for additional detail and line.

I took that image into Painter 11 and selected the Splashing Watercolor brush Smooth Wash, which acted almost like a tinting brush. I applied the differing colors from the basic color palette, leaving a subtle watercolor look and feel.


----------------
Now playing: Paul Simon - Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketch and painting Kirk. I like them both very much.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judith! I like the way the Smooth Wash brush worked as a tinting brush with pizazz!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete