Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Guitars - Digital Watercolors - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


I recently had the privilege of having one of my songs arranged and played and sung by another musician. The song is "Open Secret," and I had just put it on my Acoustic Guitar Community - My Page listed below. ( I have since then added some older songs from 2004 to my listing so the song is listed as #4 on my playlist, my version.)

His name is Kenneth Brodie and he hails from Australia. He requested my permission to play it for his gigs and I asked him for a recording of what he came up with. He did a marvelous job with the song, keeping it simple and delightful, his recording is very good.

My wife said that she really liked his arrangement as well, he did stick very close to my version but simplified it and played a quiet instrumental version with his vocals. Needless to say I am happy that another musician found my song to be one he was attracted to and wanted to add to his repertoire.

Currently my songs and my recordings are not for sale, so you can only listen to them at My Page on Acoustic Guitar Community or some that are on SoundCloud. I have badges for both on the right hand column of this blog down the pages.

Today's image falls right in line with the topic above. It is a photograph of Guitars that I painted in Painter 11. I first used the quick clone with a light ocher background, selecting Real bristle brushes I did some of the background.

For more muck up I selected Skip's Digital Watercolors and creating a small brush I did an auto clone. I then varied the digital watercolor brushes and painted the guitars in roughly. Using the cloner soft clone I added back in some details, like the strings and soundholes and bridges.

I then Applied Surface texture twice first using Image Luminance and then selecting the French watercolor swatch I added more Paper detail, adjusted slightly so as not to overwhelm the painting.

I saved the large file and opened it in PhotoPaint to resample it for display and I added a Filter Forge film frame to the piece.

----------------
Now playing: Ken Brodie perform written by Kirk Matthew Gatzka - Open Secret
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment