Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fauve Colors Floral - CorelDRAW - CorelTRACE - Painter 11



For this experimental image I selected, while browsing in Picasa 3, one of my Dover Publications floral clip art. I opened with PhotoPaint, then I copied to CorelDRAW and selected to Trace the bitmap in CorelTRACE. I used the outline trace and saved the file as a .CMX file and reopened it in CorelDRAW.

There I ungrouped all the outlined pieces and add some outrageous coloring and gradients, leaving some of the basic colors alone. I regrouped these pieces and copied to the clipboard and pasted into PhotoPaint using File> New from Clipboard>.

As I copied it I increased the size of the image to work on a larger one. I saved this file and opened it with Painter 11. I did a quick clone and selected the Eastern Water Chrysanthemum Wet brush and painted the entire floral with the clone button on.

I then Applied Surface Texture using the Artist Canvas, lightening it up a bit. I selected an Oil brush and two blue colors for the background, which allowed the texture to show through.

Back in PhotoPaint I selected a Painting Frame in Filter Forge, adjusting the width and number of grooves set to one. I saved that file for sharing here.

----------------
Now playing: Travis - Flowers In The Window
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment